Shantilal (Shanti) has over 30 years of experience in Estimating, Construction Management, and General Contracting. His everyday job includes all aspects of the estimating, bidding, and sub-contracting process and can prepare preliminary budget estimates based on minimal information provided.
He is responsible for scrutinizing drawings, specifications, and other information provided with a bid request. He evaluates subcontractors, prepares instructions to bidders, and levels bids. He performs and manages quantity surveys and pricing. He also formulates and answers RFIs. He works hard to build effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, and suppliers.
Mr. Babaria has vast experience of estimating commercial and retail projects in NYC and NJ area. He also has experience coordinating and executing projects of mass housing, commercial malls, and institutional buildings. In the past he also successfully managed heavy industrial projects such as power plants, refineries, steel plants, and factories.
Brooklyn Hospital Dialysis Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Interior construction of Cellar and Ground floor Center for Dialysis patients – $2.75M
Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Modular Pharmacy and various projects in excess of $6M
Columbia University, New York, NY
- Various projects in excess of $5M
Methodist Home for Nursing & Rehabilitation, Bronx, NY
- Multiple phase renovation – $11M
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY
- Center for a Health Community – New fit out includes multiple clinics, teaching kitchen, and gym 60,000 SF – $16.5M
Representative Projects (prior to joining Central Consulting):
- Cipriani Restaurant, 25 Broadway, New York City – $2.8M
- Sandbox studio, 55 Water, New York City – $7.8M
- TP ICAP, 200 Vesey Street, New York City – $18M
- Bloomfield Industries – $25.1M
- Virtuous Retail mall – $100.75M
- Reliance Industries Ltd, oil refinery – $8B