Richard Simone is responsible for overseeing all phases of Project Management and Construction services since the company’s inception in 1986. His goal has been to create a company that provides personalized, high quality construction services.
From inception to close-out, Mr. Simone is involved with every aspect of Central’s projects. He monitors the progress of all assignments and is personally responsible for their success. He maintains close contact with all the team members ensuring a collaborative effort throughout the process. In his thirty years in the industry he has experience with every conceivable construction, scheduling, and budgetary issue that may arise, especially in the area of healthcare. His expertise includes extensive renovation and alterations, as well as out-of-the-ground new construction.
Mr. Simone has also received numerous distinctions and honors. He contributed to the book “Emergency Department Design” by Jon Huddy AIA, specifically providing insights on how health care companies should select consultants, designers, and builders for their project.
Mr. Simone has also been honored by St. Barnabas at their annual gala (as a contractor!) for Central’s work on an $18M parking structure. Methodist Home for the Aging also honored Mr. Simone at their annual gala in 2018 after Central successfully completed their $10M infrastructure project as general contractor before then awarding Central their new $12M renovation project as CM.
Columbia University, New York, NY
- Engineering HQ, School of Engineering & Applied Science 500 – $1.6M
- Lecture Hall, Graduate School of Journalism 300 – $1.85M
- Café 212 & Café East, Lerner Hall – $800K
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CPS) Lerner Hall 500 – $500K
Northwell Health, Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY [Design-Build & General Contracting]
- Endoscopy – $2.1M
- ED Radiology – $2.4M
Northwell Health, Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital New York, NY [Design-Build]
- NY Hand & Wrist Center – $1.6M
- Glaucoma Center – $1.6M
St. Barnabas Hospital, Bronx, NY [Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk]
- Directed Design/Build team in construction of a new 600+ car Parking Garage – $18M
- Lead of the construction management team for the new facility Steam Plant – $19M
- State of the art Pharmacy, including USP 797 compliant chemo prep area – $5.3M
Englewood Hospital & Medical Center, Englewood, NJ [Owner’s Rep and Construction Management]
- Oversaw project team to facilitate the design and construction of a new Emergency Department, a 60,000 SF addition – $38M
- Facility Master Plan including 3 story vertical expansion, new Linear Accelerator vaults, LD suite – $70M, along with renovation of Clinical lab and Post-Partum – $10M
St. Peter’s Hospital, Albany, NY [Owner’s Representative]
- Oversaw project management team for a $258M expansion including 330,000 SF renovation, 250,000 SF addition, various infrastructure upgrades, and a 1,400 car Parking Garage.